3 Day Combination
Price : 12000 Baht/Person.
3Day Combination Program
- Pick up at Chiang Mai guesthouse between 07:30 - 8:00.
- Change into mahout clothing upon arrival
- Orientation and learn basic elephant commands
- Pay respect to Ganesha the Elephant Buddha
- Feed the elephants before practicing how to getting on and off them
- Ride your elephant along a jungle path into the mountains
- Enjoy a special lunch in the jungle
- Get an elephant kiss before playing with them in the mud spa
- Ride down to the river and bath your elephant
- Ride to camp, take a shower, enjoy fresh fruit while looking at today’s photos
- Relax in the afternoon
- Enjoy a traditional B-B-Q and bamboo sticky rice dinner you help cook.
- Feed the elephants around 8:00 p.m. and say goodnight to them.
- Sweet dreams as you listen to elephant sounds during the night.
- Wake up early and enjoy the sounds of the jungle from your veranda.
- About 6:30 a.m. clean elephant areas before feeding and bathing them.
- Breakfast between 8:00 – 8:30.
- Learn more elephant commands and practice using them.
- Travel by car to the nursery.
- Bond with the elephants as you feed them bananas and sugar cane.
- Play with the baby elephants as you walk the valley floor.
- Eat a delicious jungle mahout lunch.
- Walk with the elephants along a jungle mountain path as you take photos.
- Join all the elephants in the mud bath for some fun as they splash around.
- Bring the baby elephants to the river and give them a bath.
- Take a shower and change clothes.
- Eat fresh fruit and say goodbye to the baby elephants.
- Return to Thai Elephant Home and relax.
- Enjoy a special meal you help prepare cooked over a charcoal fire.
- Feed the elephants around 8:00 p.m. and wish them a good night.
- Enjoy the night sound. Sleep well.
- Wake up early and watch the jungle come alive from your veranda.
- Around 6:30 a.m. clean elephant areas before feeding and bathing them.
- Breakfast between 8:00 – 8:30.
- Bond with your elephant by giving them bananas or sugar cane.
- Learn additional elephant commands and practice using them.
- Ride your elephant along a steep forest trail up into the mountains.
- Relax on the mountain top and enjoy watching your elephants eat bamboo.
- Ride down the mountain and enjoy a delicious lunch at the camp.
- Ride your elephant to the river and bath them.
- Return to camp, take a shower, enjoy fresh fruit and look at today’s photos.
- Say goodbye to the elephants.
- Return to Chiang Mai with a lifetime of fantastic memories!
Price 12,000.00 Baht/Person.
Option for those who stay in the jungle at the Thai Elephant Home Nursery
- Wake up early and listen to the sounds of the jungle.
- Eat a jungle breakfast cooked over a charcoal fire.
- Take an early morning walk around the valley and watch the sunrise.
- Greet new guests along with Fa Sai, one of the baby elephants and follow him back to the camp.
- Visit the baby elephant observe them as you take photos.
- Learn about elephant and make elephant bamboo bell (see Nursery web page).
- Make detox tea by boiling water in bamboo over a charcoal fire.
- Jungle mahout lunch.
- Feed the baby elephants and the mother.
- Play with the baby elephants.
- Enjoy a walk with the baby elephants around the mountain.
- Take the baby elephants to the river and give them a bathe.
- Take a shower. Eat fresh fruit and return to Chiang Mai.
Note: The 3-day package price includes both the 2-day elephant riding as well as the 1-day nursery.
Include : Mahout clothes, transportation, insurance, food, fresh fruit and English speaking guides.
Bring : Sun glasses, sun block lotion, insect spray, sandals or flip-flops or water shoes, camera, hat and a change of underwear.
Please note :
Some visitors may experience skin allergies or mild sensitivities as a result of riding the elephants. If you suffer from sensitive skin we recommend that you wear legging style trousers beneath the clothing we provide as an extra precaution.
Due to unforeseen weather conditions, there may be times during the rainy season (May-September) which results in the local river flooding and therefore becoming dangerous to cross. Unfortunately, this may restrict the accessibility to the elephant mud spa area.
Nevertheless, this will not effect the program any further and guests will still have the opportunity to spend one on one with their elephants and enjoy bathing time in a smaller river.
Thai Elephant Home has no control over this situation and can only apologise in advice should the weather prohibit the mud experience.
- Children under 6 years pay 500Baht per day.
- Children 7 - 12 years 50%.
- Children riding alone need to pay full price.