- We will pick you up in Chiang Mai at your guesthouse between 07:30 - 8:00.
- After arriving, you will change into traditional northern style clothes and we will pay respect to Ganesha, the Elephant Buddha.
- You will meet the elephants and practice using commands to ride and control the elephants. Then, we will take your elephants for a ride around the forest.
- We will have lunch in the forest. All leftovers can go to the elephant so nothing is wasted, and no trash is left behind!
- Visit the natural black mud spa to play in the mud with the elephants. This mud is very good for your skin and the elephants, so enjoy!
- After getting muddy, you and your elephant will need a bath in the river. Clean your elephant and have fun swimming!
- Return to the Thai Elephant Home to shower, enjoy fresh fruit.
- Return to Chiang Mai when you are ready in the afternoon.
Price 4,900.00 Baht/Person.
Include : Mahout clothes, transportation, insurance, food, fresh fruit, dvd pictures, video clips and English speaking guides.
Bring : Sun glasses, sun block lotion, insect spray, sandals or flip-flops or water shoes, camera, hat and a change of underwear.
Please note :
Some visitors may experience skin allergies or mild sensitivities as a result of riding the elephants. If you suffer from sensitive skin we recommend that you wear legging style trousers beneath the clothing we provide as an extra precaution.
Due to unforeseen weather conditions, there may be times during the rainy season (May-September) which results in the local river flooding and therefore becoming dangerous to cross. Unfortunately, this may restrict the accessibility to the elephant mud spa area.
Nevertheless, this will not effect the program any further and guests will still have the opportunity to spend one on one with their elephants and enjoy bathing time in a smaller river.
Thai Elephant Home has no control over this situation and can only apologise in advice should the weather prohibit the mud experience.
- Children under 6 years pay 500Baht per day.
- Children 7 - 12 years 50%.
- Children riding alone need to pay full price.