2 Day Combination
2Day Combination Program
- Pick up at Chiang Mai guesthouse between 07:30 - 8:00.
- Change into mahout clothing upon arrival.
- Orientation and learn basic elephant commands.
- Pay respect to Ganesha the Elephant Buddha.
- Feed the elephants before practicing how to getting on and off them.
- Ride your elephant along a jungle path into the mountains.
- Enjoy a special lunch in the jungle.
- Get an elephant kiss before playing with them in the mud spa.
- Ride down to the river and bath your elephant.
- Ride to camp, take a shower, enjoy fresh fruit while looking at today’s photos.
- Relax the rest of the afternoon.
- Enjoy a traditional B-B-Q and bamboo sticky rice dinner you help cook.
- Feed the elephants around 8:00 p.m. and say goodnight to them.
- Sweet dreams as you listen to elephant sounds during the night.
- Wake up about 6:30 a.m. to clean elephant areas before feeding them.
- Breakfast between 8:00 – 8:30.
- Learn more elephant commands and practice using them.
- Travel by car to the nursery.
- Bond with the elephants as you feed them bananas and sugar cane.
- Play with the baby elephants as you walk around the valley floor.
- Eat a delicious jungle mahout lunch.
- Walk with the elephants along a jungle mountain path as you take photos.
- Join all the elephants in the mud bath for some fun as they splash around.
- Bring the baby elephants to the river and give them a bath.
- Take a shower and change clothes.
- Eat fresh fruit and say goodbye to the baby elephants.
- Return to Chiang Mai in the afternoon.
Price 9,000.00 Baht/Person.
Include : Mahout clothes, transportation, insurance, food, fresh fruit and English speaking guides.
Bring : Sun glasses, sun block lotion, insect spray, sandals or flip-flops or water shoes, camera, hat and a change of underwear.
Please note :
Some visitors may experience skin allergies or mild sensitivities as a result of riding the elephants. If you suffer from sensitive skin we recommend that you wear legging style trousers beneath the clothing we provide as an extra precaution.
Due to unforeseen weather conditions, there may be times during the rainy season (May-September) which results in the local river flooding and therefore becoming dangerous to cross. Unfortunately, this may restrict the accessibility to the elephant mud spa area.
Nevertheless, this will not effect the program any further and guests will still have the opportunity to spend one on one with their elephants and enjoy bathing time in a smaller river.
Thai Elephant Home has no control over this situation and can only apologise in advice should the weather prohibit the mud experience.
Children under 6 years pay 500Baht per day.
Children 7 - 12 years 50%.
Children riding alone need to pay full price.